MORE CORONAVIRUS PREVENTATIVE ADVICE
The management team and I can’t thank staff enough for their loyalty, rigorous attention to preventative directions, and acceptance of decisions that bring personal hardships as we try and manipulate rosters to minimise risk.
The following are more directions to strengthen our resistance:
- Take a pair of clean, appropriate work shoes to your work location and leave them there. When arriving at work leave your shoes outside in a plastic bag and use the ones you have left there for the duration of your shift
- Use the fresh air, not recycled air settings in NWSS vehicles
- Please continue to rigorously follow the essential cleaning list.
- Practice social distancing at home, at work and in any other places you have to be
- Please don’t come to work if you have cold or flu like symptoms or just feel unwell. If a family member has been advised they will be tested for coronavirus, don’t come to work and inform your DSC or a member of the management team
- If a client you are supporting has a medical appointment of any kind, please talk to your DSC to decide if this appointment is essential. Only the DSC can confirm whether the appointment will go ahead or be cancelled
- Masks are in short supply and must be used sparingly in accordance with the instructions that have been handed out on this. We have staff searching every day for supplies of personal protection equipment
- Please read and re-read all of the information we have supplied in staff memos, given to you personally, been provided in your workplace and on the opening page of our website
- If you witness another staff member or visitor coming into a shared home and not following the directions that have been put in place you must remind them to do so
THANK YOU FOR REMAINING CALM. NO INFORMATION WE SEND OUT IS MEANT TO ALARM OR PANIC PEOPLE. WE ARE JUST TRYING TO ASK FOR COOPERATION WITH PREVENTATIVE MEASURES TO KEEP US ALL SAFE.
LET’S TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SLOW-DOWN. WITH PEOPLE HOUSE BOUND THERE IS PLENTY OF TIME TO CARRY OUT ALL OF THE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES SLOWLY AND THOROUGHLY. THIS IS OUR MAIN EXPECTATION OF STAFF AT THIS POINT IN THE CRISIS.
PLEASE DON’T BECOME COMPLACENT. REMEMBER THAT OUR CONCERN IS FOR YOU AND THE PEOPLE WE SUPPORT. DROPPING OUR GUARD POSES THE GREATEST DANGER FOR ALL OF US.
The Management Team