CORONAVIRUS (COVID – 19)
The following is to keep all staff, clients and their families and the public up to date on how North West Support Services (NWSS) is preparing to manage COVID-19 if it reaches us.
As with all of such health challenges, NWSS will take its directions from the Department of Health and any other delegated authorities.
The following bulletins are on show in every shared home and attached to this email.
1. What you need to know
2. Information for healthcare and residential care workers
3. Self-assessment for risk of coronavirus (COVID-19)
See and Download the documents here:
Coronavirus COVID-19 : What you need to know
Coronavirus CVID-19 information for health care and residential care workers
TAS COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool – COVID-19 Fact Sheet
If you want more information visit the Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services website.
NWSS’ expectation of employees
As for your responsibility as an employee of NWSS, you should:
- Follow the directions outlined in the Self-assessment for risk of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Adhere to and, continually remind fellow workers of the infection control directions from The Department of Health and/or anything extra from Direct Service Coordinators
- Adhere to all directions from Direct Service Coordinators. These directions will emanate from regular management team meetings and carry the authority of the General Manager
Direct Service Coordinators and Coordination Assistants will be constantly monitoring infection control requirements and reminding people to stay on track to get us through this challenge.
If the position worsens, NWSS have discussed and prepared for:
- Appointing coordinators for the each of the Devonport and Wynyard areas to manage the day to day response
- Coordinating rostering on a day to day basis if staff become depleted
- Determining the priorities if staff depletion becomes serious
- Coordinating mobile teams for personal care, medication assistance and meals
- Coordinating central food preparation sites and mobile delivery if necessary
- Arranging for the purchasing and distribution of essential items
This is a totally unprecedented situation with uncertainties that are very hard to plan for but, by simulating the scenarios we may find ourselves in, we have some strategies ready.
AS STATED AT THE BEGINNING, NWSS IS AWARE THAT ITS PREPARATIONS AND PLANS CAN BE OVERRIDDEN BY DIRECTIONS FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH.
The management team’s mobile phones are open to for questions and discussion. Please leave messages and the reason for your call if we cannot answer calls immediately.
NWSS’ employee assistance service, Lonvara Services is also available to assist if employees:
· Suspect that they have COVID-19 symptoms and need to talk to someone about it
· Have been told to self-isolate by health authorities
· Have been told to reduce social contact by health authorities
Lonvara Services –Phone: 0411 952 410 – Fax: 6411 6633 – Web: www.lonvara.com.au
The board of management and management team acknowledge and thank our frontline employees for their loyalty in such difficult times.
Neal Rodwell — General Manager — North West Support Services — 0418 140 000