COVID-19 – STAY ALERT, KEEP US ALL SAFE
Our border is now open, and our protective bubble is no longer. Our safety is now dependant on our behaviour and rigorous adherence to protective routines. The following, while designed for shared homes, is important wherever you are working for NWSS.
We will be sending out regular alerts and reminders. Please read them and take them seriously, they are designed to keep us safe.
DIRECTIONS FOR SHARED HOMES
- All people entering the home must comply with all signs that they encounter. They are an important reminder of what must be done to stay safe
- All dirty surfaces must be:
- cleaned with hot water and detergent and then dried off
- sprayed with disinfectant and wiped over with a clean cloth
- All cloths and paper towels used for cleaning must be disposed of in the containers provided
- Clean water and detergent must always be used to wash dishes. Use dishwashers where available. Do not leave water in kitchen sinks for long periods of time
- Dish clothes and tea towels must be changed daily, soaked in disinfectant, and washed separately in hot water. Do not wipe or dry hands on tea towels, and dish cloths
- All bathrooms and toilets must be cleaned and disinfected every day
- Dusting must be carried out regularly with a soft, disinfectant damp cloth. Dust is a perfect environment for germs to grow
- High touch areas must be cleaned twice a day using wipes or disinfectant and clean clothes including:
- door handles – inside and outside
- light switches
- gate handles/latches
- remote controls and any handheld alert devices
- computer keyboards
- iPhones and iPads – Use the appropriate cleaning products recommended for these items
- toilet flush button
- arms of chairs and backs of kitchen chairs
- All vehicles must be cleaned regularly according to the guidelines that can be kept in the vehicle
- Disinfectant wipes must be always carried in vehicles for wiping the steering wheel, gear stick, door handles and window control buttons each time a new driver uses the vehicle
- All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be used in accordance with the guidelines displayed in homes
- The washing machine must be put through a full hot cycle with disinfectant in the water weekly and wiped out with disinfectant daily
- Wheelchairs must be cleaned with a mixture of water, detergent, and disinfectant before each use.
- Gloves must be used when handling money in shared homes and surfaces where money has been handled cleaned when finished.
- Hands must be washed after disposing of money handling gloves
- For support workers entering a shared home, shoes must be removed for a clean pair to be used while in the home. Always ask visitors to wipe their shoes with disinfectant before entering the home
- People wishing to visit the home must contact the homes Service Coordinator beforehand and clear the visit
- All visitors must sign the visitors register on entry to each shared home and when leaving