NWSS is watching the changing pandemic situation carefully and keeping staff up to date so there are no workplace surprises.
There are several reasons why it seems inevitable that mandatory vaccination will be required for employees of NWSS:
- It appears that it would be lawful and reasonable in accordance with advice produced by the Fair Work Ombudsman
- There are public health orders for medical and health services that could be interpreted to include the disability sector
From a daily operational perspective, NWSS is having to consider the following issues:
- Clients and families will start to demand mandatory vaccination and take their contracts elsewhere if we don’t comply
- Health and lifestyle activity venues are likely to require proof of vaccination for client and staff entry
- Facilities like nursing homes, where some of our clients live, will require proof of vaccination before entry
We are sending this out in anticipation of having to start moving towards mandatory vaccinations. When we start this process, we will meet all the required legal and industrial obligations.
Please feel free to contact me on 0418 140 000 if you wish to discuss the matter