AN URGENT MEMO ON THE CORONAVIRUS
Thank you to everyone for your work in supporting and keeping the people we support safe under very difficult circumstances.
Please take directions for containing this virus very seriously, it is LIFE THREATENING – THIS INFORMATION COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE.
For those who catch the virus this is what happens:
- 81% will have mild symptoms and recover
- 14% will become very ill but recover
- 5% will become critically ill, require hospital intervention and may not recover
- 2.3% of the above cases will die
THIS IS LIFE THREATENING – TAKE THE PRECAUTIONS SERIOUSLY
We all hope we don’t get it or are in the 81%
The people living in our shared homes may fall into the 5% who will become critically ill and require hospitalisation but, getting this level of medical attention is not assured.
OUR JOB, RIGHT NOW, IS TO PROTECT THE LIVES OF OUR CLIENTS AS WELL AS OURSELVES
Thank you for working together to achieve the best outcomes for everyone
Clients and staff in shared homes cannot catch the virus unless someone brings it in.
For the majority of clients with individual contracts that we support in their own homes, the same would apply. They are not very active in their communities at the moment so, their vulnerability is someone bringing it in.
TO MAXIMISE THE CHANCES OF NOT BEING A CARRIER INTO SHARED AND PRIVATE HOMES, TAKE THE SELF ISOLATION DIRECTIONS SERIOUSLY
- Try and restrict your movements to between work and home
- Keep 1.5 metres from others when out in the community
- Stay aware of where people around you have been
- There is a heightened complication when working in more than one job or with more than one service. Please take as many precautions as possible
- Do not come to work with any signs of cold or flu
- Take your temperature a couple of hours before going to work. If you have a temperature please do not come to work and give as much warning to roster coordinators as soon as possible for covering shifts
We are making every attempt to purchase hand sanitiser and masks, but supplies are on back order and delivery dates are not known.
Neal Rodwell — General Manager — North West Support Services — 0418 140 000